The Ultimate Thanksgiving Food Power Ranking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Everyone’s favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is right around the corner! Here is a power ranking of all the foods sure to contribute to your food coma this Thursday.

10. Cranberry sauce

This side dish isn’t my personal favorite, but it’s always nice to add a little color and tartness to your plate!

9. Green beans

Whether you prefer your green beans roasted with butter, garlic and herbs or in a casserole with fried onions, they are definitely a Thanksgiving staple.

8. Cornbread

Cornbread is the perfect mixture of savory and sweet.

7. Macaroni and cheese

Macaroni and cheese is delicious any time of year, but it’s definitely a necessity next to all the other delicious Thanksgiving foods on your plate! I prefer my macaroni and cheese baked with extra cheese sprinkled on top.

6. Pumpkin pie

Although my sweet tooth is nonexistent and I prefer savory foods to dessert, pumpkin pie is always irresistible. Top it off with some whipped cream!

5. Mashed potatoes

Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods year-round. They’re customizable to your palate depending on which herbs, gravy or potatoes you use! Gold potatoes are my favorite to use, and they’re perfect for Thanksgiving since they are only in season from August to February.

4. Sweet potatoes

Because you can never have enough potatoes, be sure to add sweet potatoes into the mix for Turkey Day! Sweet potatoes are super versatile; you can bake them, mash them… really, you can do whatever you like. I recommend baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top.

3. Stuffing

Not everyone is the biggest fan of stuffing, but it’s definitely at the top of my list! You can never go wrong with bread and veggies. Also, the more gravy on it, the better.

2. Yams

Sugar-glazed baked yams with marshmallows on top. need I say more? Add cinnamon and nutmeg for even more flavor!

1. Turkey

And of course, the OG Thanksgiving dish.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Goeun Choi

Dickinson

Goeun is a senior psychology major and Senior Editor at Dickinson College. She works at the career center on campus and is involved in her chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta and in Psi Chi. French bulldogs, Mexican food (or any food), and bad reality TV are her weaknesses. Find her on Instagram at @goeun. 
Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.