New Fashion Trends for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

The fall season brings thing we love like apple picking, hayrides, Halloween, Pumpkin Spiced lattes and lots of new fall fashion trends. This is fall is no exception with so many new trends bursting onto the scene. If you’re interested in being your college’s very own fashionista, check out these top fall fashion trends.

Patterns, Patterns, Patterns.

According to top fashion magazines like Elle, Harper Bazaar and even us here at Her Campus, patterns are in and the top two patterns perfect for this fall or plaid and gingham. For us college girls affordable is best, so here are some affordable places to find this cute fall trend.

missguided.com: Black Plaid Bodycon Mini Dress $35.00

This cute plaid dress would look best paired with other fall staples such a turtleneck or long-sleeved top underneath, throw on a nice leather moto jacket, and a cute pair of booties to complete the look.

Gingham is no longer just a remnant of the great picnics you got to have this summer. It’s a cute pattern good to wear for any outing. 

makemechic.com: Black Gingham Billow Sleeve Top $20.90

Jeans

During the fall, you can never go wrong with some blue jeans. Whether you’re dressing it up or dress down, jeans are a constant staple for the fall season. You can step up your jeans game this summer with these cute trending jeans.

us.topshop.com:Moto Fringe Hem Dree Cropped Jeans $35.00

Looks great with high-heeled sandals for a night out with friends.

missguidedus.com: Blue riot high rise red floral jeans mom jeans $67.00

These cute jeans are good for making a statement, nothing says today will be a good day like a pair of embroidered floral jeans.

Last but not least, even though colored jeans may no longer be in style, this new jean trend is a fun twist: 

ae.com: Vintage Hi-Rise Jean $19.99

Boots

Fall means the end of summer and a farewell to are favorite open-toed shoes. That’s why finding a good pair of boots or booties to last you the fall season is never a bad idea.

missguided.com: Black faux leather circle block heeled boots $76.00

target.com:  Women’s Briar Studded Combat Boots $37.99

Combat boots are a 90s style that seem to never go out of style. They are a good pair of boots to wear on the way to class. 

shoedazzle.com: Sivan Flat Boot $24.99

These boots look comfy and wearable for all your daily outings. 

Jackets

The last important piece to you fall wear collection, is a warm and stylish jacket.

prettylittlething: Niki Mustard Faux Suede Biker Jacket $61.25

topshop.com: Bomber Jacket $75.00

zara.com: Wool Coat with Wraparound Collar $119.00

Keep these fall fashion items in mind as you go shopping for your fall essentials. Check out your favorite websites, mall or thrift store to find these trends. You can these pieces and make it fit your style, good outfit options for any occasion. The most important thing to remember is to enjoy the best season of them all. Happy fall!