Discover Carlisle: Meadowbrooke Gourds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

It’s crazy to think that after living in Carlisle for three years, there are still new and exciting things to see and do. This weekend, I discovered Meadowbrooke Gourds, right in Carlisle! I had no idea this place existed until my roommate brought home a sunflower. Meadowbrooke Gourds is a store that specializes in decorative gourds. They sell ornaments, decorative objects, seeds, and even raw gourds for you to buy and create into something yourself.

The real draw though is their sunflower field. When you drive around the corner towards the store, you’re suddenly met with hills of sunflowers. This looming display of sunflowers is gorgeous any time of day. You can wander through the rows of sunflowers, perfect for those Instagram pictures, and take in the beautiful scenery. The best part though? You can pick the sunflowers for free! Just bring a strong pair of scissors or clippers and start snipping to your heart’s content. Meadowbrooke Gourds also offers sunset trolley rides through the sunflower fields, which I’m sure is gorgeous. My roommates and I had lots of fun wandering through the fields. So if you’re looking for something to do in Carlisle, head on over to Meadowbrooke Gourds! Meadowbrooke Gourds is located at 125 Potato Road, Carlisle, PA 17015.

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.