This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

I love the show Station 19, which is part of the Thursday night Shondaland lineup on ABC. This show is a spin-off from Grey’s Anatomy and features firefighters and their lives at Station 19 in Seattle. The show just had their season 2 premiere and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a new drama. Here are some reasons why this show should be next on your watch list. (Minor spoilers ahead)

It has a love triangle

Every good drama needs a love triangle and Station 19 has it.  Andy, the main character of the show, goes back and forth between Jack, a fellow firefighter, and Ryan, her high school love turned police officer. Season 1 features some hot (pun intended) moments between these characters and many conversations between Andy and her best friend Maya as she tries to decide whom she should be with.

It has life or death situations

Since the show features the lives of firefighters, they are often faced with life or death situations. Some of the tense moments from season 1 include invisible flames (who knew that was a thing!), an electrified ground, and a fire in a skyscraper. These situations lead to tense moments where you’re not sure if all of the firefighters will make it out alive.

It has family drama

All great dramas need tense family dynamics and in Station 19 that falls to Andy and her father. Captain Herrera steps down from his role in the series premiere and Andy wants his job, but he doesn’t wish the same for his daughter. For the better part of the first season, the captain also hides his cancer from his daughter! 

So if you’re looking for a show that will keep you on your toes, check out Station 19. Station 19 is on Thursdays at 9/8c on ABC.

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.