What I Took from Nobody’s Fool

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

What I Took from Nobody’s Fool

By Shelynn Handy

Before I get into it, I just want to say this may contain some spoilers.

Now that that’s out of the way, I can get into what I thought about Nobody’s Fool starring Tika Sumpter and Tiffany Haddish. Surprisingly, this isn’t going to be a rant about how obnoxious Tiffany Haddish’s character was during the movie (even though she was). This is more of me just acknowledging the role reversal we got to see play out during the movie.

Usually, we see the girl get her heart broken and played over and over again by the same guy and then somehow taking him back by the end of the movie. This time, we see the guy get played over and over by the girl and he somehow takes her back by the end of the movie. The role reversal doesn’t make the heartbreak any easier to watch, but it does show that sometimes women need time to figure out what they want too. It’s not often that we see the girl get a second or third chance.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!