This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

TOP 3 Netflix shows to BINGE!

Grab your favorite moscato, ignore the boy who’s not texting you back,and tell those blackboard notifications to F off! because guess what? I’m bringing to you 3 life-neglecting shows of worthy of your time! Over Christmas break I’ve discovered these gems and now I’m sharing them with you!

1. Good Girls

– this show is really the epitome of female empowerment mixed with a tad bit of psychotic behavior! Speaks to a lot of us, huh?. Well the three suburban heroines, that happen to be moms/housewives, the show centers around takes matters into their own hands when life throws them into financially tight situations where lack of funds can threaten the wellbeing of their families and children. So in this comedy they face challenges involving drug dealers, rapey bosses, and the police with quick (not very thought out) thinking, haphazard plans, and quick schemes all delivered with sarcasm and humor that, well puts their family and children’s well-being at risk!! It’s a good watch, seriously.

2. You

– You on Netflix is a thriller rom-com? Okay so not exactly c-o-m-e-d-y but possesses a few laughs nonetheless, this 10 episode series is equally creepy and endearing. When main character Joe falls deeply in love with city girl, grad student Beck his infatuation quickly turns into obsession, the far from healthy obsession. This results in some extreme measures being taken on Joe’s part to make sure he and beck get to live their happily ever after. I like to think of this show as the realistic version of how 50 shades of grey should’ve have went down, but ya know. Now beware this show will have you on the edge of your sofa screaming at the 16 inch tv in your dorm as anxiety takes over. Also, this Netflix original makes you question your attraction to toxic situations. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! Enjoy!

3. I’m Sorry

Any The Office fans out there??! Well then this ones for you! I’m Sorry is the dry humor comedy follows surburan mom and comedy writer, Andrea, as she juggles adulting and problematic situations she kinda brings on herself in the mot hilarious awkward ways possible. Andrea Savage is hilarious like the grown up version of Awkward from MTV. Anyway don’t be like my friend Z and neglect this gem!!!

Nia Curry

DESU '20

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. - Plato ~ Enjoy my blog
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!