This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Shop & Return

Shoppers are buying clothes and creating outfits, taking pictures and posting it on Instagram, and then returning the clothes back to the stores. What is this trend and where did it come from?  Retail stores are speaking up about the trend and its effects. With having longer customer service lines and not getting a real sale on the products that are being brought back. Compared to other trends, this does seem to have the least long-term impact in general, but not for retail stores.  Our generation seems impacted from social media more than older generations, with having to post frequently and being in the reel of what is current. Is this good for the marketing of stores without them realizing it? The outfits have recently been from higher-end stores, such as Coach, Chanel, and many more.  That does not mean customers aren’t doing to same to other popular stores such as Fashion Nova, Amazon, Aeropostale, and Old Navy. What does this mean for the future of shopping and retail stores? Do you think stores will suspend returning products, some stores do not take returns before this trend began. Time will tell if this trend will continue or fade away..

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history! 
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!