This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Old Trends Turned New Trends in 2019

By Shelynn Handy

I’m sure that plenty of people hoped that the end of 2018 would signify the death of their least

favorite trends. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are plenty of trends that rolled over into 2019 with such momentum that they seem to be here to stay (at least for a little while). Some of these trends include:

1. Dad sneakers. The loved and hated shoe trend seems to just be getting bigger and bigger. Balenciaga started this wave, and Fila continued it with the Disruptor II, and soon after, every company that manufactured shoes from Adidas to Reebok has made their own spin on the dad shoes. You can even find affordable versions in Target.
  2. Suiting. Last year brought us the blazer. Every time someone scrolled on Instagram they could see their favorite fashion influencer rocking some type of structured yet casual blazer for their day and night looks. This year is reviving full suiting and in various colors.
  3. Neutral colors. Your favorite fashion blogger most likely had a ‘neutrals’ phase on their feed and it is possible that it could be back again on a grander scale. Pantone has a variety of neutrals for the season and neutrals from head to toe have already been spotted on runways.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!