This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Marvel or DC

Who do you like better? Marvel or DC? To me these epic superhero comics and movies are both good in their own way and I enjoy each of them. Marvel characters are more likely to come from a relative normal life and either gain superpowers or have them hidden from drawn out by a stressful situation. DC characters however have more than one superpower such as Superman who has x-ray vision, super strength, can fly etc. DC comics were also created in the early 1930’s and 40’s where everything was either, Iron Man, Batman, Aquaman, Aqua Lad. Men were the more dominant save the day unlike Marvel to which was created around the 1960’s and 70’s were superheroes were becoming a more commonplace.   

Another major difference is that DC uses more magic and mythological effects to create their characters. Not saying that Marvel doesn’t use magic such as characters like Dr. Strange, or Dr. Doom, but they are more science-fiction unlike its rival who uses more sci-fi or fantasy. Marvel seems to be more realistic to which some people could relate to and picture due to the fact that they use real locations such as New York where as DC makes up cities.

Now knowing some more detail and facts about these phenomenal comics and movies the question now because which one are you. Marvel or DC? Or are you more like me where both are appealing.

Hey
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!