Healthy Habits for a Healthy Lifestyle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Healthy Habits for a Healthy Lifestyle

1. Adding on healthy food options to your meal

Adding small amounts of nutrients to your meal will make maintaining a healthy lifestyle feel simpler instead of feeling restricted. It is important that a person consumes proper amounts of nutrients. The essential food nutrients a person should intake daily are proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats. Consuming five to nine servings of varied nutrients, such as a small cup of fruit or a handful size of vegetables, can be a good start to improving internal health. If you find adding certain nutrients to a meal to be difficult or disgusting, it will be important to drink a bottle of water throughout the day. Because our body is made up of sixty five percent of water, drinking water everyday benefits one’s hydration, nourishment, and improved well-being. It is recommended to drink sixty-four ounces of water, which is equal to eight glasses of water per day. This will cleanse toxins from the body, improve brain function, and energize muscles as water is a vital part of a person’s overall health. Water is an abundant inorganic compound in all living systems. Accumulating a certain amount of nutrients and water to your meal everyday will help ensure that you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle.   

1. Exercise Regularly

When incorporating the proper amount of nutrients within your diet, you must engage in a form of exercise regularly. Regular exercise can reduce medical illnesses and weight gain as it stimulates the body. It is important to exercise daily to keep your body in a good physical state. Setting aside thirty minutes a day at least three times a week to participate in physical activity will burn unnecessary body fat and keep the body physically healthy. Activities such as walking, jogging, and swimming can be used as exercises to improve overall fitness. If one were to participate in activities such as these, it can help a person sustain a healthy physical appearance. 

1. Acquiring enough sleep

Furthermore, eating properly and participating in physical activities are important aspects of keeping good health. However, receiving sufficient amounts of sleep is equally important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is important that a person receives approximately seven to nine hours of sleep per day, as sleeping can help reduce any problems of stress. In order to acquire enough sleep, avoiding the use of a phone or any electronic device thirty minutes before your bedtime is necessary. This will help you avoid having trouble falling asleep. The actions of meditating, listening to music, and reading before going to sleep also may help one go to sleep. Engaging in these forms of relaxation will cause the brain and body to relax and unwind. Sleep is important for reducing stress and improving mental health. Getting enough sleep is essential to keeping a healthy lifestyle, as it keeps the brain healthy.

A 18 year old Mass Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations at Delaware State University. I am interested in pursuing professional opportunities in advertising, brand marketing or public relations; focused, determined and open to gaining a variety of experiences to develop the necessary skills to be competitive and add value to a organization.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!