Guide To Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Guide To Sweaters

The seasons are starting to change and its sweater weather.  Here is a guide I have created on how to go sweater shopping since the weather is changing quickly and it is getting colder outside.  Therefore sweaters are the perfect for winter and fall, along with being stylish and versatile.

1. Thickness

Not only do you want to find a sweater that is comfortable and stylish, but one that will get you through the seasons.  Find one that is your style and thick to where you cannot feel the wind or snow. Not only search for thick sweaters, but some thin ones too so next fall you can wear them or in spring when the weather is still cold but also warm.

1. Color Coordination

This is important when putting outfits together, since you can choose sweater that have decals, words, knitted textures, and many more.  There are solid sweaters that can have unusual colors, patterns, or fall colors. Its primarily based off your style and what kind of colors you like.  I would recommend a variety of sweater, some with patterns or words and solid colors. Therefore you can wear the solid sweater with more outfits and the one with decals and words can be used for street style or a look with a little more edge.

3) Material

I am not going to lie, I am a college student and I do look for cheap.  Although, we are talking about the cold season so it is nice to purchase good deals but look for materials in the sweaters that you know will last.  Look for a thick material that has no tears or loose ends if its the knitted style. Cloth is a great material along with wool for the colder months.

4) Some Optional Stores

Some of my favorite stores to shop at are listed below based on what you are looking for:

Bargain Deals

• Goodwill

• Plato’s Closet

• Thrift Store

• Walmart

Expensive End

• Forever 21

• Charlotte Russe

• Khols

• Target

Online

• Amazon

• Fashionnova

• Dote App

• Ebay

*When purchasing products from certain stores listed, I recommend washing your new clothing and accessories before wearing them*

Check out the full article: http://www.thefashionfolks.com/blog/style-guide-sweater-weather-2018/

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history! 
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!