Derrick Rose’s Halloween Game Has the Basketball World SHOOK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

By Shelynn Handy

In middle school, I was an avid basketball fan. Every night during the NBA season I would come home from a practice of my own and watch whatever game I could catch on TV. However, there was one guy I was always excited to watch and that was Derrick Rose.

But ever since 2012, Derrick Rose has been having a hard time. He tore his ACL in 2012, his meniscus in 2013 and his meniscus again in 2015. Watching his body deteriorate from the way he played the game was hard to watch. He went from Rookie of the Year in 2009 and Most Valuable Player in 2011 to a player that people started to doubt and overlook.

On the night of Halloween, we got to the see Derrick Rose be the ghost of MVP past. He dropped a record high of 50 points in one night and the basketball world got a little emotional. Many players such as Scottie Pippen and Dwyane Wade sang their praises to Derrick Rose and the performance he put on Halloween night. I can’t even lie, I got a little emotional myself.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!