Costumes I’m Not Ready To See This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Halloween is approaching, and as fun it is to dress up and see what other creative costumes people can come up with, there’s also going to be a thousand people all wearing the same thing that make you cringe because of how unoriginal their costumes are. Let’s all gather around and see what’s unfortunately in store for us this upcoming Halloween.

1. Harley Quinn & The Joker So Twitter’s already called every girl dressing up as the new Margot Robbie version of Harley Quinn this year, and where there’s a girl dressed as Harley Quinn, there’s a girl forcing her boyfriend to dress up as Jared Leto’s variant of The Joker. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a billion Harley’s, I think the idea that the costume will be played out might actually make a lot of girls change their minds so they’re not following the crowd.

2. Purge Characters I guess if Halloween isn’t your thing (which how is Halloween not your thing?) but you get invited to a party and are trying to make a costume on the fly, or just don’t want to put any effort into your costume go for it, but I think it’s boring. It’s literally just a mask and clothes you already have in your closet, which is super cheap, but it’s no fun. You don’t even get to do Halloween makeup, this is the one time a year that you can make your makeup as crazy as you want to and no one questions it.

3. Deadpool

Since this movie came out in February, we had about nine months or so for people to forget about this character, which I’m hoping will be the case. However, I’m a little fearful that there’s some guys out there that took advantage of this time to make alterations to their old Spider-Man mask to try and recreate this costume. Yes I saw the movie, Ryan Reynolds did a good job portraying a funny sarcastic character, but I don’t care how witty you think you are, if none of you plan to be Ryan Reynolds underneath the mask… There is no reason for you and ten thousand of your friends to be Deadpool.

4. A Sexy Animal

Jessica you were a bunny last year… And a cat the year before that… And the year before that you were a mouse. This isn’t Mean Girls, you might as well be Harley Quinn along with everybody else because I’m gonna lose it if you buy tiger ears this year.

5. A Presidential Candidate

I’m not joking, if you walk towards me in one of those ugly stiff wigs, a suit, and either pearls or a Make America Great Again pin, I’m 100% not talking to you and I don’t care who you are. Especially if you get one of those masks, they’re even creepier than the Purge ones. Regardless of who you vote for, don’t do this. Seriously. I beg you.

I’m not here to tell you what you can or can’t be for Halloween, I mean technically it’s your choice, but you really shouldn’t. I want every person who dresses up in any of the costumes listed above to send me a sincere apology. I don’t deserve this. No one deserves this. I promise, it’s been done.

DSU Student. Mass Communications Major. IG: j.hane.y Twitter: Jhaney__
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.