The Best of Collaboration of 2018: Fendi x Fila

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

By Shelynn Handy

Brand collaborations have become normal in the fashion industry, but every once in a while, there is a collaboration that takes the public by surprise. The most recent joint project that surprised me more than the Balenciaga x Crocs collaboration is the Fendi x Fila line.

Fila is a brand that has been in and out of urban fashion for years and their popularity has been on the rise again for about the past two years. Fendi has always been a popular high-end brand, but their re-introduction of the classic Fendi monogram print this past year has also launched them back into the spotlight.

The collaboration features clothing, bags, and sneakers that combine elements from both brands into each individual garment. The silhouettes of the line take after Fila in the form of streetwear such as sweatshirts and running shoes. Some of the graphics spell out ‘FENDI’, but use Fila’s bold rounded letters and blue, white, and red colorway. A lot of pieces also feature the Fendi monogram print. The Fendi x Fila collection has finally been made available to the public after months of anticipation.

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!