Actually, I Can

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Actually, I can 

Self doubt: lack of confidence in oneself and one’s abilities.

Often times we can get in these weird moods where we swear we are not capable of doing something. Personally this was an everyday thing for me. You spend the whole day telling yourself all of the things that you “can’t do”. But in all actuality you CAN do anything you set your mind too. 

You may have to face your biggest fear to get to where you want to be, but sometimes that’s what it takes. “Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things is the best way to grow”.Get a support group who will push you to become the best version of yourself.

Turn your can’ts into cans 

To me this means that we hold ourselves back from our own greatness. Young adults hold themselves back so much because we are constantly being presented this picture with social media telling us who we are supposed to be. Then when we are not what social media says we are supposed to be, We start saying “I can’t”.

“I can’t do that because I don’t have that many followers”

“I can’t do that because I don’t have enough money” 

BUT you actually CAN! You have to realize that we are living different lives, and moving at different paces.

When you keep saying “CAN’T CAN’T CAN’T” then you will actually convince yourself of that harsh judgement. 

But when you start to say “YES I CAN” then you will open a door to success and confidence.     

Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!