This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As spring break is approaching quickly, I know I have been struggling to keep motivated. Unfortunately, midterms and papers are approaching as well so now more than ever there is a need to keep motivated. Personally, I have found a few ways to keep myself motivated even though I don’t feel like doing my schoolwork. Somedays I don’t even feel like going to class, but it is essential in order to keep those grades up.

1. Share a reward with yourself: Meaning after doing something you don’t want to do, treat yourself. Go to the C-Store and get a coffee or ice cream. Basically, spend some time making sure you get a reward for yourself. By doing this you will want to be more motivated in the semester.
  2. Create a to-do list: Sometimes when I do this, I feel such a reward checking boxes off. I know I also am extremely forgetful and lose track of the things I have to do. In doing this, it makes it easier to keep track of as well as making yourself happy.
  3. Have an off day: When navigating the busy week, it’s hard to carve out time for yourself much less an entire day. But by making sure you have at least one day off it’s easier to keep going throughout the week. I know my day off is Saturday, it makes it for a more relaxing weekend. As well as getting my whole week aligned on Sundays.

These suggestions are just a few things I do and keep track of to help myself stay organized and motivated! I know it can be extremely difficult especially when the weather outside is beautiful and all you want to do is stay outside. I hope these few suggestions helped and maybe you can come up with a few of your own!

I am a Senior at DePauw University, and a Kinesiology major. I love swimming and occasionally playing tennis. I have a dog and I am from Franklin, IN.