Study Up on Some Study Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Yes, it’s that time again. Finals. You spend so much time in the library that you find yourself bringing snacks, pillows, even a change of clothes because it is your new home. Double-fisting caffeine is the normal diet. But, please DePauw, don’t let finals get the best of you. Here are some study spot ideas to make finals week a little more tolerable.

The Roy O. Cubby
It’s pretty standard. Grab some coffee, your laptop and books, and have a late night date with Roy O. Stu Newstat opted for a third floor cubicle as he got organized for his late night studying. If your relationship for Roy has become pretty plain, switch it up. Perch yourself in a tree house. Not only a cozy option, but also perfect for people watching!

The Secret Study Space
Sick of studying in Roy O? Venture outside of you comfort zone and wander into an unfamiliar building. Chrissy Crowe diligently cranks out a Lit and Interp paper in the GCPA. Referred to as “The Nook,” she discovered her secret spot as she moseyed around one day. Take a well-deserved study break and go wander. Find your own personal study nook!

The Off-Campus Spot
Angie Cotherman opts to venture off campus and studies in The Blue Door Café. This perfect study spot gives DePauw students a breather from their typical surroundings and it’s only a few blocks from campus! With a calm atmosphere, delicious sandwiches and caffeine galore, DePauw students couldn’t ask for a more perfect study spot.

The Outside Option
None of these other study ideas doing it for you? Go outside! With summertime fast approaching, get a little color on your skin and embrace the warmth. Lanie Gleeson studies outside of East College by a soothing fountain in the background as she reviews her notes.

Good luck on finals, DePauw! It’ll be over before you know it. Even though we all are wishing for Thursday to arrive sooner, all of us know the bubble will be missed during those long summer months.

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20

Katie Tangri is a senior at DePauw University, class of 2011, studying Communication and Sociology. She is a member of the Alpha chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, a speaking and listening consultant and the Vice President of Program for Panhellenic Council. Her interests include shopping, baking and reading. She hopes to get a job at a non-profit organization upon graduation.