Spring Break Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

If you’re headed somewhere warm for spring break, you’re probably thinking about what to pack rather than the test you have Wednesday and the paper that’s due Friday. Luckily, I’m here to tell you exactly what to pack so that you can focus on school in this last stretch before we go on spring break.

1. A floppy hat

This will keep your eyes shaded from the glaring sun: perfect for a much-needed nap on the beach. It will also serve as a sun barrier, protecting you from the sun’s harsh rays. Bonus: it’s super cute!

2. Sunnies

These are a beach necessity. Not only are they super cute, they also protect your eyes and prevent you from squinting–which leads to wrinkles. Pack your favorite pair (or two); I always seem to lose mine.

3. Your favorite suit

Whether it’s an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini, a one piece, or high waisted, you’ll be sure to want a swimsuit. Spring break is all about relaxing by the pool, is it not?

4. A sundress

The perfect sundress can serve as both a cute cover-up and as a dressy outfit for an impromptu dinner at a nice restaurant.

5. A good book

Don’t forget a light beach read: something to keep you entertained while you’re lying poolside and soaking in those lovely rays.