Spring Break Bliss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Where did sunshine and tropical paradise go?  After a week full of Spring Break bliss, DePauw students struggle to get back into the swing of things.  Our schedules laden with papers, tests, and reading assignments, it becomes clear that the professors were never out of the swing—and they expect us to hop back in without missing a beat.  So while you balance your books in one hand and rub Aloe Vera on your sunburn with the other, take a look at these pictures to relax your nerves and put you in a happier state of mind.

DePauw senior Shelby Adams snapped this picture of St. John’s while she spent a day there over her tour of the Virgin Islands.

This empty dock in Grand Turk provides a scenic view and a peaceful spot for DePauw spring breakers to relax.  The shallow waters attracted scuba divers as well as amateur photographers.

Two DePauw women strike a shadow pose on the beach of Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

DePauw seniors Kelsey Miller (left) and Chelsea Hall (right) pose on the deck of the Carnival Destiny cruise ship.  In the distance is the Carnival Liberty ship—the host of numerous other DePauw students that week.

Katie Tangri is a senior at DePauw University, class of 2011, studying Communication and Sociology. She is a member of the Alpha chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, a speaking and listening consultant and the Vice President of Program for Panhellenic Council. Her interests include shopping, baking and reading. She hopes to get a job at a non-profit organization upon graduation.