Sorority Girl DEPAUWblems: I’m a mouse, duh? #Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

“In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.”  Well said, Mean Girls, well said. 

As Senior girls, we’re feeling a little over the whole “dress up like a slut” thing this year.  Freshman year, the possibilities are endless; slutty laxstitute, slutty wonderwoman, slutty fight attendant, French maid…you get the picture.  Basically just take any profession, put slutty in front of it and you’re golden.  Minimal clothing is all that’s necessary. 

Senior year, however, we’re having a change of heart.  Rather than being slutty, we’ve prioritized our costumes to be clever, funny, sometimes even fugly.  This change that’s taken place becomes oh so apparent when looking at our past Halloween Facebook albums.  Can we attribute this to our liberal arts education making us more mature, or is it just for the mere fact that we don’t care?  We’ve now known our guy friends here for a solid three plus years.  They see us sweaty in Lily during the day and hungover in the hub Sunday mornings.  Basically, they know what we look like on good and bad days, and we’re comfortable being our silliest selves around them. 

So, Freshmen girls, don’t worry at all about being judged for dressing slutty.  We’ve all been there, done that.  As for Seniors, bring on the best of your creativity.  Show us what you got.

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.