You’ve got to keep yourself entertained for 7 days, here’s how:
1. Read a book and sleep: Leisurely reading? Yes, it’s back! If reading puts you to sleep… then just sleep! We all know you could use the extra ZZZ’s.
2. Résumé: You have to do it sometime, so you might as well get it done when you don’t have a million other things going on here at good ‘ole DePauw. Plus, odds are, your parents can give you a professional eye.
3. Hang out with your family: ‘Nuf said.
4. Visit high school friends: Since a lot of other schools don’t have the whole week off and since you wouldn’t dare leave DePauw on any other ordinary weekend, now’s the perfect time to see that best friend from high school.
5. Get a home cooked meal or seven: We know how much you LOVE the food at the Hub, but while you’re home be sure to take advantage of your mom’s spaghetti and meatballs. The microwavable version at the Hub just doesn’t cut it.
6. Salon day: Miss your salon at home? Well, the good news is you have a week to take care of all of your beauty needs! Get those eyebrows plucked, those split ends chopped and treat yourself to a shellac manicure.
7. Workout: Since there’s not enough time in a DePauw day for homework and a workout, take the time to do that sweaty workout at home without the whole student body watching you. Also, your local YMCA is probably a whole lot brighter and a lot less smelly than Lilly.
8. Re-stock your closet: With summer in the rearview mirror, you can take all your shorts and sandals up to the attic and bring down your snow pants and parkas. ‘Tis the season for boots, jeans and oversized sweaters.
9. Pinterest: It’s time to get your Pinterest boards back in order. Fall Break is the perfect week for some DIY crafts. Also, keep a lookout for Halloween costume ideas! Just because Halloween falls on a Wednesday doesn’t mean DePauw isn’t going to celebrate!
10. And of course, study for that stupid test your professor assigned you for the Monday after fall break.