This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie will melt your hearts ladies! Her Campus writer, Marie Schloneger, had the chance to meet freshman Peter Gorman during DePauw’s Winter Term this year. Peter went on the Timmy Global Health Trip with 22 other DePauw students to Chontapunta, Ecuador. The group stayed in a hostel located in a rural town in the middle of the Amazon jungle for 2 weeks. Throughout the trip, Peter always offered words of encouragement and always had a smile on his face. Although the group faced many challenges being in a new culture and environment, Peter was the perfect team player and friend to everyone!

HC: Thanks for meeting with me Peter, I’m glad we can catch up and talk a little bit about our trip! Tell the readers about your trip, what would you say was your favorite part about the Timmy Global Health trip?

Peter: No problem, Marie! I would say that my favorite part was getting to know other students from DePauw that I had never met before. But the trip itself was amazing! It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will never forget.

HC: Just by looking at the pictures on Facebook, I’m reminded of what a cool experience we had! So the trip consisted mainly of girls from DePauw. What was it like being only one of three guys on the trip?

Peter: Well, at first it was a little awkward and just a different type of environment. But hey! It all worked out and I loved it! I mean, wouldn’t any guy? (laughs) But it was good – I got close with a couple of guys on the trip but it was hard at times when the girls would talk about “girl” topics.

HC: I’m glad it wasn’t overwhelming for you! So now that we’re back on campus, how has it been trying to adjust back to life at DePauw?

Peter: It’s been good. I’ve never had a problem adjusting back to the swing of things but I do catch myself thinking about the trip and wanting to go back to Ecuador.

HC: I find myself thinking the same thing. So last weekend was Greek recruitment for both guys and girls, did you decide to join a house?

Peter: Yes I did! I’m excited to say that I am part of Delta Upsilon (DU) and couldn’t be happier. It was a hard decision but I’m proud to say that it’s my new home!

HC: Aw Peter, congratulations! That’s awesome! So as we begin to finish up, any great words of advice you would like to offer readers of Her Campus?

Peter: Stay true to yourself, and don’t ever change yourself to please other people.

Thanks Peter for allowing Her Campus to interview you! And to our readers, get to know Peter Gorman! His encouraging advice and contagious smile is enough to turn any bad day into a GREAT one!