Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva

Not Going Anywhere for Spring Break? Here’s 3 Fun and Easy Things to Do with Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Spring Break is just around the corner, and if you’re like me, you might not have any major vacation plans. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a memorable Spring Break with your friends – in fact, there are plenty of ways to make the most out of your time off without leaving your hometown. Keep reading to hear about three unique and inexpensive ways you and your friends can spend time together this Spring Break!

1. Cooking Competition

Back in middle school, my neighbor and I started playing a game in which we would challenge each other to create recipes for each other to taste test using only the ingredients in our kitchen. The fewer ingredients you have, the more creative you have to be. This is especially fun with more rules: for example, setting a time limit, or deciding a theme for your recipes. At the end, you can taste test all the dishes and rate them!

1. PowerPoint Night

You may have seen videos about this idea on TikTok; basically, you and your friends create random PowerPoints, usually about each other or anything else you’re interested in. This one is great because not only can you stay in your house, but you can also have a PowerPoint night virtually if you have friends in different places. A ton of my friends from high school started doing this last year during quarantine to stay in touch. One of my friends used the idea, “us as interior design styles”, and another did “us as New Girl quotes,” for some examples.

1. Shopping Games

Some friends and I made this game up at the mall a few years ago. All you need is to be at a store that has a wide variety of fancy clothes. We would each take turns picking a setting that we needed to pick a fancy outfit for, and we would then search the store for a matching look. We would try the outfits on and showcase them, before picking a winner for that round. We picked themes like showcasing at an art gallery, attending a masquerade ball, or prom night in the 90s. You can even include shoes and accessories if you want. It was a fun way to get dressed up and have fun without spending any money.

4. Have a Photoshoot

You can do this at home or find somewhere with a good backdrop, but the idea is simple. Dress up and have a photoshoot! Take group photos, individual photos, it can be a fun way to hype your friends up and get some cute pictures to share.

There are tons of other things you can do that are fun and cheap, but whatever you do this Spring Break, just remember to enjoy your time off!

Hi, my name is Lindsey Dewaelsche! I'm a Malpas Scholar and Servicio Cohort alumna here at DePauw. I'm also majoring in Psychology and Hispanic Studies! I love to be involved in the community by feeding the campus cats, attending yoga classes at the Lilly Center, and working as a DJ for the WGRE radio station. In my free time, I enjoy writing, painting, and traveling.