Music Man: Meet Cris Cab

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Winter is clearly over and the common cold is slowly becoming a thing of the hazy winter-term past. And, ladies, I have the perfect remedy if you find yourself still suffering from the seemingly incurable Bieber Fever. Introducing 17-year-old Cris Cab, an emerging talented artist from the one and only sunshine state. His rustic voice and chilling acoustics paired with some of hip-hop’s hottest songs makes him nothing short of refreshing.

Cab first caught the attention of music fans when he covered Wiz Khalifa’s hit “Black and Yellow.” Check out the video below. It didn’t take long for his acoustic cover to snag the eyes and ears of some of the music business’ most important players. Now endorsed by the Grammy award winning artist Pharrell things couldn’t be any better for the budding singer. He is currently working on his debut album.

Cab’s boyish charm and undeniable good looks will easily make him popular with the ladies. However, he is more than just a pretty face. His mature husky voice further proves why he has the music industry buzzing. From a first listen it’s hard to believe his soulful pop sound sprinkled with reggae and hip-hop tones that Cab is only 17. His soothing voice and relaxed appeal will have everyone playing his songs all summer long.

Don’t waste any time ladies, head over to Cab’s Facebook and download his songs for free while you still can. The link is provided below.

Check out Cris Cab on mypsace: http://www.myspace.com/cris.cab
Download his songs FREE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CrisCabMusic
Catch him on Twitter: @CrisCabMusic
Check out his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMfAvaZj9yw

What do you think about Cris Cab? Is he music’s next big thing? Sound off in the comments below!

Katie Tangri is a senior at DePauw University, class of 2011, studying Communication and Sociology. She is a member of the Alpha chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, a speaking and listening consultant and the Vice President of Program for Panhellenic Council. Her interests include shopping, baking and reading. She hopes to get a job at a non-profit organization upon graduation.