Maggie Anderson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Fast Facts:

Year: Junior

Major: Communication

From: Edina, Minnesota

Sorority: Kappa Alpha Theta

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Maggie Anderson. Her Campus sat down with Maggie to talk about all the great work she did for this year’s Greek Week!

HC: Thank you for talking to us, Maggie! So, how did you get so involved with the planning of Greek Week?

MA: Last November, I was elected Vice President of Programming for Panhellenic Executive Council. I am in charge of setting up Panhellenic Initiation, Greek God and Goddess, and various speakers, but my main job is to set up Greek Week.

HC: Well, you have certainly done a fantastic job so far! What was your favorite Greek Week event to plan?

MA: I loved the brand new event we did, Marvins’ Day. It was such a great way to honor the late Marvin, and it was really appreciated by the employees. This year, Greek Week wasn’t just about improving the Greek relationships, but the Greencastle and DePauw relationship as well!

HC: Was it stressful putting that whole week together?

MA: Oh, definitely! It was constant planning. I spent more time with Maggie Hayes (the Panhellenic advisor) figuring things out than I did sleeping that week.  But seeing everything come together made it all worth it.

HC: What was the biggest challenge of planning Greek Week this year?

MA: I think our main challenge, as it is every year, was to accomplish the goal of unifying all of the Greek chapters on campus. A big goal Panhellenic had this year was to include IFC (Interfraternity Council), MGC (Multicultural Greek Council), and NPHC (National Pan-Hellenic Council) in more of our events. This Greek Week, everybody was represented, and that is what matters!

HC: Do you see yourself planning more things like Greek Week in the future?

MA: I loved every minute of all the planning I have done this year! I became really passionate about getting involved in school when I held my first position in my house, Kappa Alpha Theta, sophomore year. I really love meeting new people and planning events for them, and so yes, I would love to continue all the planning I do!

Her Campus agrees, this year’s Greek Week was a success! Thank you, Maggie, for talking to us, and planning a week we will never forget!