Jenna Stoner ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Name: Jenna Stoner

Year: Sophomore

Sorority: Pi Beta Phi

Major/Minor: Kinesiology, Communication

Favorite Marvin’s food: Mac Bites

Jenna is one of six sophomores on the DePauw University basketball team. Their current season record is 7-0, adding to their 34-0 record and National Championship last season. As a guard, Jenna always helps her team by shooting and driving to the basket, and she is also integral on defense.  Her Campus sat down with Jenna to discuss the season so far and the team’s hopes for the future.

HC: How’s the season going so far?

JS: Very well, we’re undefeated and improving every single day.

HC :Do you feel a lot of pressure after last year’s success?

JS: Yeah, we have a huge target on our back because teams know who we are. Every team is out to give us our first loss, so we prepare for every team the exact same way.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being on the team? 

JS: The team aspect. Being a part of a group of people who support you and care about you and even love you, and those teammates of yours become your best friends. It’s really the coolest experience.

HC: Do you feel overwhelmed trying to balance finals and basketball?

JS: Yes, you’re just tired after practice and you want to relax your body but you have to focus on your academics. You have to be really mentally tough.

HC: When you discuss season goals as a team, what are they?

JS: To win the conference tournament, and become national champions. We have a mentality goal of getting a stop on defense every single possession. We want to be the best rebounding team in the nation.

Thank you for talking to us, Jenna! Good luck with the rest of your season!