Style > Beauty

Innisfree Welcome Kit: First Impressions and Review!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Innisfree is a cosmetics brand from South Korea, more specifically from Jeju Island. They are famous for different lines of skincare products ranging from hydrating, brightening, anti-aging, etc. Innisfree’s slogan is “Clean Island, where clean nature and healthy beauty coexist happily.” It’s an eco-friendly, naturalistic brand. I myself have been using this brand since high school; however, the brand is very new to Americans. The Green Tea Seed line is a special line with the purpose of hydrating, using Jeju’s natural ingredient: green tea.

Here is my review for the Green Tea Seed line from Innisfree:

1. Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask [Green Tea]

• This mask claims to be very refreshing for the skin, enriched with fresh moisture from delicately fragrant green tea, and keeps dry skin moisturized. At first glance, this mask is very transparent compared to other brand’s masks and is dripping with the green tea essence.
  • Right out of the package, the smell is amazing. After 15-20 minutes, the mask definitely gave me a very cool, refreshing feeling. Overall, the mask does its job well as soothing and hydrating the skin.

2. Intensive Hydrating Serum

• This serum has a very thick texture but was very easy to blend out on my face.
  • This hydrating serum is made with green tea extract and green tea seed oil sourced from the brand’s own farms on Jeju Island off the coast of South Korea.
  • Green tea extract is rich in amino acids, antioxidants and minerals that strengthen your skin’s protective barrier and help hold onto moisture.
  • Overnight, my skin feels uplifted, soft and bright. However, there’s one low point to this serum: it took quite a while to absorb fully into my skin.

3. Intensive Hydrating Cream with Green Tea Seed

• The texture of this cream at first glance is a combination of cream and gel. It’s not very thick. To me, it’s suitable for both summer and winter because it does not clog my pores, is light enough to easily absorb into my skin and not leave an oily feeling, but is also creamy and smooth enough to hydrate my skin during winter.
  • This cream also contains green tea extract, which moisturizes the skin.
  • I highly recommend this product, as it serves all the purposes of a moisturizer: hydrating, fixing all my dry patches, and giving me nice and smooth skin the next day.

I hope this review is helpful for those who are trying these products and want to buy full size!

Vy Hoang

DePauw '21

Sophomore Double majors in Economics and Computer Science
Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!