This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

I don’t know if you’re like me, but half the time between November and December I just waste time online shopping. It always starts with my Grandma asking me to update my Amazon Wishlist for Christmas and it all goes downhill from there, and I spend hours on a rabbit hole on Amazon. 

But, I figured I would share some of the things I have on my wishlist in case your relatives keep bugging you for your list and you still have no idea what you want. 

True Crime Box

So, I’m basically a true crime fanatic.  It’s all I watch.  It’s all I listen to.  I can literally watch horror movies while eating dinner.  I know it’s a problem… Anyways, here is a link to a subscription box that comes with clues and interviews that lead you to solve a case! 

Moon Lamp

This thing is adorable.  I don’t think I have to say much on this.  I want it.  That’s it

Phone Mount for the Car

I’m buying a car soon, (YAY!!!) and I know that one of the things I must have in my car is a phone mount.  I’m always changing the podcast I’m listening to or watching for directions, so this is a must-have.  

Essential Oil Diffuser

So, I have one of these.  But I got it for like $10 at TJ Maxx my first year at DePauw.  It’s time for an upgrade.  

A Chakra Balancing Set 

I love Chakra Balancing and I don’t know… The packaging really got me here.  I also have a Chakra Balancing Essential Oil set on my list.

Pre-Workout

Start that New Year resolution off right! PS–– Has anyone tried this pre-workout? Is it good? 

Oracle Deck

I’m literally obsessed with this.  It’s so pretty.  It’s a need.  I literally might cave and buy it before Christmas.

Nice Slippers 

If you all live in a dorm or a Greek house, you know you do not want to be walking around barefoot.  Especially in the bathroom.  I have a pair but they are super old and falling apart.  I think these look cute and cozy.  

If you want to check out my Amazon Wishlist for more ideas, I’ll put the link here

All this being said, please remember that Christmas is about spending time with family (even though we can’t really do that this year).  It’s not all about money or materialistic things, but the blessings you already have.  

One thing I love to do every year is participating in a gift-giving program for children that won’t get to have a Christmas this year.  If you have the resources to do so, I highly recommend it.  It gives you a new perspective on the Holiday Season.  

Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.