This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

I’m sure this would not be a convincing statement for a cover letter, but hear me out. This is the beginning of my junior year, and it finds me feeling like I’m in the in-between. I feel like I have good, solid friendships, but sometimes I still feel lonely. I love my classes and have some good professors, but they’re also more challenging than what I’m used to. I know there are certain subjects that I love, but I don’t know what that will mean for my future once I graduate. And I’m here to tell myself, and anyone reading, that that’s okay.

I am twenty years old. I’m starting a period of life that is both carefree and filled with reality. Soon, I’ll feel the pressure to be a big girl and figure out my life while hearing the subtle message that I will never have this much freedom again. Confusing much? I literally heard from one of my professors that if I want kids, I should think about that now as my decisions could get in the way of my fertility clock. WHAT?

Let me repeat: I am TWENTY. Some would say that I’m young and I have time. Some say they knew nothing about the “real world” at my age. So God forbid I feel slightly unsure about where life is taking me.

All this to say: I feel confident enough in myself. I know that I’ve learned and grown in the first years of college, and I also know this is not the smartest, most put together version of myself that I will be. I know that I don’t have it all figured out, and I’m ready to own it. I plan to give life my very best and hope that it will make me better. Maybe I’ll make a plan somewhere along the way. ;)

Hello! My name is Madalyn. I am a senior at DePauw studying Philosophy, Law, and Public Policy. I am an Honor Scholar and a pre-law student. I aspire to be a combination of Taylor Swift and Elle Woods. <3