How to…With Sass: How to Make the Most of Your Holiday Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

‘Tis the season for sleeping in, loading up on cookies and hot cocoa, and watching hours of holiday movies. 

1. Watch endless holiday movies. Who doesn’t love a good laugh from Will Ferrell, even though you may already know every line of Elf? Can I get a “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?”  And let’s not forget our holiday rom-coms, including our personal favorite, The Holiday (creative title, right?). It kind of makes us want to move to London and find the man of our dreams, all while looking as hawt as Cameron Diaz. 

2.  Cuddle up with something or someone warm.  This can be applied to your boyfriend, snuggie, or the family dog. Feel no shame if you have to dangle a little mistletoe because “baby, it’s cold outside.” 

3.  Blast Holiday jams to get you in the mood for the season of being jolly. Here is our favorite playlist: “All I want for Christmas is You” –Mariah Carey (duh), “Rockin Around the Christmas Tree”, “Santa Baby”, “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” –N’Sync, and anything Michael Buble’. 

4. Beat the holiday rush at the stores. Oh wait… it’s already too late, as the 25th of December is rapidly approaching. Wake up early, sleep in your car and wait for the Mall Cop to unlock the doors. Ready, set, shop!

5. Plan an unforgettable NYE.  If only your New Year’s Eve could consist of people this good looking: Zac Efron, Halle Berry, Jessica Biel, Sara Jessica Parker, Josh Duhamel, Aston Kutcher, Seth Meyers, Lea Michele and Katherine Heigl.  Good luck topping that!

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.