How to…With Sass: How to Make the Most Out of Your Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

For this year’s senior class, our freshman year Halloween was one we will never forget… or possibly already have. Although it was our first time on Greek property, and one of the greatest nights of our lives, there is potential to top it.  Here’s how to make the most out of your DePauw Halloween weekend:

1.     Be a cougar:  The liquid filled basement (literally and figuratively) is notoriously known to be what most college students would call a grind-fest.  You have two options: stay far, far away from this sweat-ridden mess, or find a freshman cutie you’ve been creeping on and join the fun. As they say (not sure who “they” are), but “age is just a number,” friends!

2.     Don’t be a slutty “insert job title here”: Even though many girls see Halloween as an excuse to dress and act like a floozy, DePauw is not a state school, and freshman, you will stick out like a sore thumb. On the other hand, don’t go too crazy when dressing like the latest YouTube sensation, because like Antoine Dobson, people still “gon’ fine you.”

3.     Go find Edna Collins.  If you go to DePauw and don’t know whom Edna Collins and her bridge are, no need to use Google.  Hop in your car with a few friends, one who will be dumb enough to get out of the car and put the keys on the front hood, and go sit and wait for little Edna.

4.     Pay a visit to Roy O. on Friday and Saturday night. Now that’s a scary thought, and you’re bound to run into some characters there.

5.     Act out of your element.  Halloween is the one night a year when our society is encouraged to act a little different.  Who knows, maybe you secretly wanted to be one of those cheerleaders you made fun of in high school? Now’s the time.  And if all else fails, remember this: “Demons are a ghouls best friend.” 

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.