How to With Sass: How to Identify the 5 Guys You’ll Meet in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

How to with Sass: How to Identify the 5 Guys You’ll Meet in College

When you go to a school that cannot even be found on a map, chances are the selection of boys is limited…very limited.  Over our four years here, we have come to the conclusion that the boys on this campus fall into five different categories. In an attempt to make your college experience with boys a little easier than ours has been, here’s how to identify the five different types of boys on DePauw’s campus.

1) The Frat Star. Just to give you a heads up, our campus is 70% Greek, so you will most likely run into the “Frat Star”… quite a bit. His attire will consist of: Sperry’s, J. Crew khaki shorts, a polo button down, and he will occasionally sport an over-sized jersey of a team he most likely does not follow. Warning: he is a fan of mass texting.

2) The Nerd. He might be cute, he might be charming, but rarely will you ever see him outside the doors of Julian or Roy O. So, if you run into him at Roy O. Café quickly offer to buy him a drink, because chances are this will be the only kind of drink he’s sipping on all week.

3) The Jock. He spends more time in Lilly than anywhere else, and he most likely drives there to maximize his “getting jacked” time. His attire consists of hand-made cut offs, where you can barely see the male nipple… it’s honestly quite disturbing at times. His meals are high protein, with at least ten protein shakes and ten pounds of Creatine a day.  Warning: his biceps and ego may be bigger than what’s poppin’ in that noggin.

4) The Best Friend. The first guy you met freshman year, who you macked on and instantly knew he had to stay in the friend zone. Now, you turn to him for advice when his fellow bro is trying to run game on you, or to see how many people are twerking at his house on Friday night.

5) The Soul Mate. Let us preface this by saying we have yet to find the “soul mate,” but let me tell you we have looked…in the Prevo basement, holes, ditches, the nature park and Prindle… He was nowhere to be found. However, many have attested to finding the one true love of their life right here on DePauw’s campus.

For further questions regarding this topic please refer to Pat Kelly and Elizabeth Harrison (or is it Elizabeth Kelly?). 

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.