How to with Sass…How to bring out your inner kid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

With the rest of the semester moving at hyper speed, stress levels are at an all time high, especially for those who only have a few more weeks left in their college career and are without a job…and a possible soul mate. Please take a deep breath; it will all be ok! This is the perfect time to channel your inner kid and take your mind off all of the crazy “adult” worries of today. Here’s how:

1) Throw a temper tantrum. Yes, this seems so 15 years ago, but we all know you have pent up stress that is just waiting to explode. Now you may think this seems unfair to whomever you blow up on, but hey, what are friends/ boyfriends for?  Maybe lock yourself in your car (glass case of emotion) if you question your relationships with these people.

2) Have a slumber party, pillow fight, giggle fest… anything to distract you and get you away from the gossip you are used to taking a part of that sends you into emotional break downs every other weekend.  Focus on these last few weeks you have with your friends and don’t let anything get in the way of it!

3) Act like boys have “cooties” and stay far, far away. You will find your level of drama, disappointment, let downs and failures dramatically decrease or even disappear.  Why waste time starting a relationship that is built to not last at the very end of the school year?  Think of the bigger and better things (and men) that lay ahead of you in the real world… whether you’re about to embark on the real world for good, or just for the summer.

4) Laugh and tell jokes. If it’s a knock-knock joke that does the trick for you, then knock yourself out (pun intended)! It’s even statistically proven that laughter actually increases your life span, so laugh the night away.  If you need some help, YouTube Glozelle’s “Cinnamon Challenge” and then attempt it yourself… just make sure you are prepared with plenty of water.

5) Head outdoors.  Although Greencastle isn’t the most “developed” of cities, it is home to some pretty fun outdoor activities.  Hit up Cataract Falls and the infamous rope swing, or go boating on Raccoon Lake.  These are all full-proof plans complete with friends, fun and sun.  And always keep in mind: “You have four years to be irresponsible here, relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink ’til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does…” -Tom Petty.

Mckenzie Curran is a Sociology and Communication major at DePauw University. Mckenzie is new to the HerCampus Team, and looks forward to planning HerCampus events in the upcoming school year in order to spread awareness of the site. Mckenzie spends her free time going to campus events, baking, and hanging out with her Kappa Alpha Theta sisters.