Holiday Decorating for Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Happy December and Happy Finals Week! Even though you’re away from home before the holidays, it’s important to decorate your dorm room to get yourself into the holiday spirit! Of course, my roommates and I went all out on holiday decorations for our dorm, and I thought I could share some decorating tips and ideas. Some may argue we went a little over the top, and I would agree, but in the best way possible.

A festive snowman greets you at the front door! This instantly puts people in the holiday spirit.

Stockings are an essential for holiday decorating. We hung a stocking for each roommate.

Go big or go home! We NEEDED this six foot tree. No mini tree could do it justice. It was slightly embarrassing picking it up from the post office, but definitely worth it.

How cute are these DIY DePauw ornaments? DIY decorations are the way to go when you’re on a budget and want cute, unique ideas for decorations. We got the ornaments from Dollar Tree, stuffed them with gold and white confetti, and then placed some stickers on the front from the bookstore. Super cheap and super easy.