This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As the holiday season quickly approaches, the thought of gift giving looms over our heads. With many different people to give gifts to, it can be a stressful task coming up with different ideas for each of your friends and family members. Luckily, I’ve come up with five holiday gifts to that can be given to almost anyone on your holiday gift giving list.

Candle

You cannot go wrong with giving a candle or two to just about anyone. Whether it be for a friend, sibling or colleague, a candle is guaranteed to be used at some time or another. Bath and Body Works always has a wide range of candles to pick from, and it becomes even larger when they add their winter collection to the mix! Some of my personal favorites are their Champagne Toast and Cranberry Peach.

Blanket

Blankets are a gift that work for just about anyone. What makes them even better is that they come in all different shapes, sizes and prices. If you want to go for the less expensive route, Target generally has a wide variety of blankets starting at 10 dollars. On the other hand, you can buy a larger blanket which may be slightly pricier, or a weighted blanket, which will definitely be more expensive (but they’re typically higher quality and they’re popular gifts for the season)!

Scapebook

While this idea may not work for the holiday party at your job, it is an amazing way to show friends and family members that they matter to you. A great option would be to order a preprinted photo book from a company such as Shutterfly, but printing a few photos at Walgreens and throwing them into a scrapbook is not only more financially friendly, but also seems more sentimental. Whoever receives one will definitely appreciate the time and love that went into it! 

Diffuser or Essential Oils

Every good room has some diffuser. Whether it be used to destress, to make your room smell nice or simply for the aesthetic, these are a good gift for anybody. A good set of essential oils to go with the diffuser completes the gift. Diffusers can vary in price, so you can decide how much you spend on yours!

Gift Card

If you’re not exactly sure what someone would want, gift cards are the perfect way to go. Giving someone a gift card allows them to pick out exactly what they want. Places such as Target, TJ Maxx and Amazon, are the perfect places to get people gift cards to as they offer a wide variety of product options. Additionally, gift cards are very price flexible, and can range from as small as $5 to almost any amount you want to spend. Due to this they are perfect for small and large gifts alike.

Deja Scott

DePauw '22

DePauw 2022 Economics and Sociology Major
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.