This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

As a senior now at DePauw University, I never fully understood what people meant by senior year of college being bittersweet until now. As a high school senior, I was ready to move on to something much more exciting. As a senior in undergrad, I recognize all of the friends and memories I’ve made along the way but am excited for the next chapter in my life. I wanted to share some things I have found helpful while going through this new chapter:

• Live in the moment. Plan for the future, but remember to take everything around you in and make those lasting memories college can provide. 
  • Prioritize your friendships. Some of these people will be lifelong friends, but they will likely not all live with or near you forever so cherish these moments. 
  • Finish strong, but don’t sacrifice your mental health in the process. There is a lot of pressure to finish strong especially if you have a daunting senior thesis, but don’t forget to take care of yourself and do things that make you happy. You are still a person who deserves a break. 
  • Message your friends that have graduated. While they may have moved on from DePauw, they are navigating a lot in their lives and would appreciate their friends checking in every once and a while.

Senior year is full of lasts, so make sure to take it all in so you are ready and have no regrets when it comes to walking across that stage.

Hi! I’m Alicia and I’m a senior at DePauw University! I’m majoring in biology on a pre-health track!