This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Ok ladies, I know the semester literally just started. Like, literally. But, if you’re like me, you constantly dream of the beach, the mountains or wherever you love most to be in your free time. And there’s no time like the present to start planning a fun and flirty fall break getaway for you and your gals! Travelling can be hella expensive and stressful to plan, so planning ahead is ALWAYS ~the move~. Here are some of the cutest (in my opinion), easiest and most road-trippable trips for that sweet, sweet fall break vacation, no matter where you live or where you want to go.

Santa Rosa Beach

For all my beach-lovers out there, Santa Rosa Beach, in sunny Florida, is a perfect getaway spot! Located in the panhandle, the beaches there are GORGEOUS, the sunsets are always poppin’, and downtown Seaside and Santa Rosa are adorable and totally ‘grammable. I went there last spring break with one of my adorable besties, and we had the most amazing time lying by the beach, eating ice cream and fish tacos, and enjoying that (mostly) beautiful Florida weather. If you love a good beach outing, you’ll love sweet Santa Rosa.

Appalachian Mountains

If you’re a big outdoorsy lady and love a good clean hike, please check out the Appalachian Mountains that run from chilly Maine down to warm Georgia. I feel like the Appalachians don’t get as much ~looooooove~ as the Rockies do, but they TOTALLY should! The Apps are a smaller mountain range and have far less rigorous paths (I hiked them at the tender age of 10 in Massachusetts) that are perfect for a chill stroll with your girl gang. Plus, you can LITERALLY pick any of 14 states to stay in if you hike ‘em, so you really can’t go wrong with the Appalachians!

Charleston, South Carolina

Strolling through a quaint, old historic town has always had a huge draw on me, and if you feel the same way, think about checking out beautiful Charleston in South Carolina! There’s tons of shopping to be done in downtown Charleston, not to mention AMAZING low country cuisine and a plethora of nightlife activity! Maybe go see a show or a have a cheeky drink (IF you’re of age) before going stargazing or taking a stroll on the beach after hours. If you’re interested in history, be sure to check out one of Charleston’s museums before heading back to campus.

Las Angeles

Big city lovers, this one’s for you: head on over to steamy Los Angeles if you’re in the mood to sightsee and shop! Tour Hollywood Boulevard (and hopefully run into your fave celeb) and snap a cute pic by the Hollywood sign before turning your attention to high-end shopping and West Coast eats. If you’re in the mood, you can even take a day trip to the beach (I will never stop hyping beaches up) or take a guided tour to learn more about the city and California itself. Any way ya slice it, LA is the perfect destination for my city gals.

I hope this short little guide brings some inspiration to all you lovely ladies and gets you pumped up to start planning a super cute trip this fall break! Love you all, and welcome back to college babies!

St. Louis gal, Art History major and adamant fan, twin sister, Diet Coke fanatic, book lover, and avid supporter of flower power
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.