This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

This is not a drill, I repeat not a drill…if you haven’t heard American Eagle has recently released a line of jeans for curvier women in a range of various styles. The style that stood out most to me was, the Curvy Mom Jeans. My mind could not comprehend at first the idea of curvy mom jeans. How could mom jeans fit a curvy person? My whole life I have struggled to fit in to mom jeans without sizing up at least 4 sizes and the jeans fitting me in all the wrong places. I have struggled for years trying to understand why my body type was not made for mom jeans and constantly avoided even trying them on. American Eagle has changed that!

I ordered a pair of these new curvy mom jeans about a week ago, and I was nervous to say the least. Would they actually fit me? Did I just waste my money? (We all know the cost of American Eagle jeans are not cheap.) Then they came, and I had many mixed feelings, but excitement was the dominating emotion. I just want to reiterate that what I am about to say is not an over exaggeration, because it may be hard to believe. They were the best fitting jeans I have ever bought…period.

What surprised me the most about these jeans was how they fit in my thighs. For those who have tried real vintage mom jeans know that there is NO GIVE whatsoever in the thighs. For women like me, this was the worst part about putting on a pair of mom jeans, but not now! I even had extra room in the thigh area of the jeans, so crazy! I also really enjoyed the material of the jeans, they still felt like the thick denim, but they also stretched. They were also just baggy enough to give the mom jean look, but the jeans also weren’t too tight or too big, another shocker. 

The specific pair I ordered were these:

The biggest disappointment I will say is, the fact that you can only buy these jeans online. I am the type of person who prefers buying my jeans in store, but I did read that they will be available soon in store! Shoutout to American Eagle for making mom jeans and all other jeans inclusive for more body types. They have really changed the game! Thank you American Eagle for fueling my shopping addiction and probably all of yours!

I have linked below all the various curvy jeans you can try for yourself:

https://www.ae.com/us/en/c/women/jeans/curvy-jeans/cat300016?pagetype=plp

DePauw 2022 - Political Science & History Major Cheezit Connoisseur, History Geek, Future Elle Woods
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.