Chunky Necklaces Help Counteract the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

We are in the final stretch, DePauw ladies and gentlemen. Thanksgiving break is in a matter of days and winter break will be here faster than you know it. But, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Even though winter break is the light at the end of the tunnel, warm weather is nowhere near. The color is slowly fading out of your skin (for those of us who stay away from Superior and Extreme tanning). But, seriously ladies, there are other ways for us to keep up with color, without the fake tanning, and improving your style even in the drab winter months.

Chunky necklaces are a great way to spice up any outfit, from your favorite bulky, warm sweater that looks like something your Grandma knit, to a frilly top for going out. Turquoise, glass, plastic or gold, any look can help enhance an outfit. Not to mention, people will be too busy admiring your beautiful necklace to notice your summertime tan has officially faded. Check out some great examples below.

If you’re worried about being too bold, start with something smaller and a longer chain. Still adds style, just in a more subtle way!

Beaded necklaces go great with any outfit. Pair it with a simple white t-shirt and blazer to create a put together but laid-back look.

Glass beads attract attention and can also make your look festive during the holiday season.

Don’t have one necklace that makes a statement? Make your own by mixing, matching and layering with all different colors and styles.

Rose Overbey

DePauw '20

Grace is a Communications Major at DePauw University. She enjoys traveling, music, shopping, and being in the sun.