Celia Kauth ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Fast Facts

Name: Celia Kauth

Year: Junior

Hometown: Crawfordsville, IN

Major: Political Science

Her Campus: Hi Celia, thanks for taking a few minutes out of your hectic schedule to talk to us! To start things off, where are you headed today?

Celia Kauth: Right now, I am in Geneva, Switzerland visiting one of my Theta sisters for the weekend! I flew in from Rome this morning, but will travel back to Edinburgh, Scotland on Saturday.

HC: Wow, it must have been nice to see someone from home. So what exactly are you doing in Scotland this semester?

CK: For my study abroad program, I attend classes on Scottish and UK politics for five weeks to prepare for a ten week internship with a Member of Scottish Parliament (MSP). I have never had an internship relevant to my political science major before, and I am so excited to begin working with the MSP and their staff! I have always wanted to work with a US Congressperson, and when I found out I could pursue a political internship while studying abroad, it seemed like a perfect fit!

HC: It’s fantastic to see that DePauw was able to incorporate both of your goals in a study abroad program. Weren’t you also abroad this summer?

CK: This summer, I interned in Danshui, Taiwan. I worked as a marketing/education intern, meaning I was able to gain marketing skills during the afternoon and play with adorable Taiwanese children in the morning! It was an incredible opportunity, and I was lucky enough to balance a full-time work week while exploring exotic locations throughout the country.

HC: With all of your traveling, I am guessing that you might be a bit homesick. While it seems far off in the distance, what are you looking forward to most when you return next semester?

CK: Reuniting with my best friends in the best place in the world! I am so excited to be surrounded by the people I love-family, friends, teammates, Theta sisters, fellow Bonner Scholars, and DePauw classmates!

HC: I’m sure they miss you just the same- I know the track and field team does! Now, since the school year has just started here for us on campus, what is the biggest piece of advice you can offer to our Her Campus freshman readers?

CK: Try everything! Make your world as big as possible–life begins outside of your comfort zone, and you can gain so much from your DePauw experience by living fearlessly.

HC: I couldn’t agree more. Now, last question- since you are a campus celebrity, and by extension, someone we view as a role model for our ladies on campus, who is your biggest role model?

CK: My biggest role model is my mother. She has given me the world, and is the most amazing woman I have ever known–brilliant, strong, beautiful…my mother is sensational.  If I grow up to be a fraction of the woman she is, I will be too lucky.

HC: And we are very confident you will get there. Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us, and we can’t wait until you return to campus in the spring!

Katie Kondry is a rising sophomore at DePauw University seeking a dual degree in Economics and Political Science. As a writer for HerCampus, she wants to not only help inform young women about important issues across college campuses, but more importantly, to highlight the experiences of extraordainary collegiates who we might all aspire to follow. 
Rose Overbey

DePauw '20