This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

(Alert!!!!: This article contains spoilers from The Bachelor Season 23, Episode 2)

Hello, hello! I’m back for a week 2 recap. Is anyone else in love with Colton yet? Same. Actually though, he is such a trooper for putting up with all the virgin commentary; like wow, it’s worse than I thought.

Episode 2 “Virgin” Count: 8

This week started off with a group date with comedian Megan Mullally and her husband, Nick Offerman. Of course the date began with Mullally and Offerman telling stories about when they lost their virginity… Ugh. The women were given the task of telling a story about one of their firsts in front of an audience. Ahh, public embarrassment, classic Bachelor move.

The women on this date included Demi, Bri, Tracy, Elyse, Hannah G., Nicole, Onyeka and Catherine. In a totally unexpected turn of events, Colton told the story of the first time he told someone he was a virgin. Tracy told a story about how she had a competition with a friend to see who could have sex with a guy first…problematic!!!! And even though Demi is not the fan favorite, I honestly didn’t mind her story about her and Colton’s first kiss in which she jumped off stage and kissed him in front of the other women… Okay, it wasn’t the best. Elyse really stepped out though, and she is my new queen. She talked about the first time she dated a younger man (Colton), ending with “I think Colton can learn a thing or two from me.” YAS. Demi commented that she was ~so brave~ for telling the audience she was 31 (Colton is 26). And???? Stop being dramatic, Demi, your age is nothing to be embarrassed about—thirty, flirty and thriving, am I right?

Hannah B. got the first one-on-one date! And wow, the secondhand embarrassment was at an ALL-TIME HIGH. Colton asked her to do a toast, and she couldn’t think of ANYTHING. NOTHING?? Oh, I couldn’t help but scream. It ended up turning around, and she got more comfortable at dinner. Colton ended up giving her the rose despite the incredibly awkward start to the day.

Later, Hannah B., who is Miss Alabama, commented that she doesn’t like Caelynn, who was Miss North Carolina. Apparently the two were roommates at one point, but now none of the other women even realize they know each other? Yikes, let the drama UNFOLD.

The second group date of the week included Alex, Erika, Katie, Caelynn, Sydney, Tayshia, Nina, Kirpa, Caitlin, Courtney, Cassie and Heather. The theme was summer camp, and they hit us with another classic Bachelor move: having women compete for a man. CUTE! Yeah, so they split up into teams and did classic summer camp games. The winning team (Heather, Alex, Katie, Tayshia, Caelynn and Cassie) went on to the cocktail party, and the other women were sent home…womp womp womp.

Heather told Colton that she’s not only a virgin, but also has never been kissed! His response was perfect, and it was a sweet moment…Heather got the group date rose.

And for the rose ceremony: Demi really stirred up some sh*t when she walked up to Colton and Tracy and interrupted their convo in a ROBE. Oh my. Tracy already doesn’t like Demi, so that was fun, and Tracy ended up in a closet crying. I feel archenemies brewing!! Demi told Tracy she was an amazing woman and blah blah blah. It was all-around weird.

Women that went home: Annie, Angelique, Alex B., Erika

Hi, my name is Bridget! I'm a Peace and Conflict Studies major with Philosophy and Asian Studies minors. I love writing about my friends, personal growth, social justice, and of course, all things Bachelor/Bachelorette!