The 5 Most Underrated Restaurants in Greencastle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

It is a well known fact that you can only eat a the dining hall for so long. When it comes to eating out at DePauw, there are very few options. But the options we do have are pretty good! After two years of living in Greencastle I feel as if I have discovered some pretty great underrated resturants that every DePauw student should be taking advantage of. 

Here are my top five favorite underrated resturants in Greencastle! 

Myer’s Market

This deli is so much more than just soups and sandwiches. The quant little shop has a super homey ambiance that makes everything feel simple. They have all kinds of cool local products like Broadripple Chips, Tell City pretzels, and fun flavored sodas. Its the perfect place to stop in for lunch. 

Kroger

I know what you are thinking, Kroger isn’t a resturant… but hear me out. Their sushi is actually so good. I luckily discovered this pretty early on in my college career and I’m so glad I did. There is no sushi restuant anywhere near Greencaste, so when I get a craving all I have to do is swing my Kroger and pick out my favorite roll. They also have other sandwiches and ready to eat meals that are easy to pick up and not too expensive. 

Monical’s

This place is a favorite among my group of friends. Their pizza is phenomical and don’t even get me started about their cookie dessert! The services is always great, so grab some pals and plan a fun dinner there. Or take advantage of the fact that they deliver and enjoy a movie and pasta in your dorm. 

No 1 Chinese 

I love No 1 Chinese. My order is the general tso chicken with fried rice and its so much food, it will feed me for the whole weekend. They have a large menu and are perfect if you are looking to just pick something up and head back home. 

Fairways

If you are a breakfast person (like me) then you will love Fairways. This is everyones favorite place to go on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. The food taste just like what your grandma would make and you always leave full. 

Hi, I'm Zosha! I'm a senior and I'm also the Senior Editor of the DePauw HerCampus Chapter. I'm an English Writing Major and Psychology Minor. In addition to HerCampus, I am also a Bonner School, Fiction Editor for the Midwestern Review, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. My obsessions are otters, The Office, and flowers.
Hi, I'm Rose Overbey! I'm a senior at DePauw University, majoring in English writing. I'm a passionate non-fiction writer with interests in upcycling, crafts, fashion, and the environment.