This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Have you asked your boyfriend how frequently he thinks of the Roman Empire today? 

The trend started on X, formerly known as Twitter with @KelseyMLoo tweeting, 

TikTok has blown up with people asking their boyfriends how frequently they think about the Roman Empire. Ashley Lance asked her boyfriend how frequently he thought of the Empire and he said, “not a lot, maybe a week or two ago.” He defends his answer by saying that the Roman Empire was a very big part of history. 

@idkhowyoufoundme

he got so defensive😭😭 once a week is insane

♬ original sound – ashley lance

TikToker Allie Ninfo asked her boyfriend and he didn’t hear her the first time but asked her “like Marcus Aurelius, Alexander the Great Roman Empire?” I remember my history lessons from high school but how can you remember that both of these guys were a part of the empire? 

Are the dads in on this too? TikTok user Jordan Bunning asked her dad the burning question as a joke and he had a serious answer to it.

So obviously I had to ask my boyfriend the burning question of how often he thinks of the Roman Empire!?!? I brought him to an e-board meeting for HC at DePaul and we had to ask him. Audrey, our social media manager here at HC at DePaul, asked him two important questions: how often he thinks of the Roman Empire and how well he could land a plane. You’d be surprised, he only thought of the Roman Empire once and he could land a plane, specifically a Boeing (okay?) but very poorly.

Maybe not every boyfriend thinks about the Roman Empire but learning that men think about things like this on almost daily basis is the funniest thing ever.

Hanna Lopez is a senior at DePaul University. She is a journalism major with a minor in television, radio and media. Before writing for Her Campus she wrote for Spoon University Her Campus's food publication as a national writer. She wrote reviews, a lot of how-to’s and even interviewed TikTok Foodie Faith Christensen on becoming TikTok famous and where she got her inspiration from because all of her recipes look super tasty. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Hanna has her own radio show on DePaul's radio station. A coffee enthusiast and barista (shocking), she loves trying different coffee places around Chicago. In her off time she likes going out with her boyfriend trying different breakfast diners around the suburbs. She has been a guest on WGN’s radio show with Lisa Dent and has an interest in political journalism and criminology. As the Campus Correspondent for HC at DePaul Hanna’s goal is for members to know they are making a difference not only on campus and writing for HC at DePaul but also outside of school. She hopes to show members that everyone in the chapter is valued and wants to make sure they know that HC at DePaul will always be inclusive student media!