Valentine’s Day (The Single Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and my plans for the night will likely include one, if not all, of the activities listed below. And as you will see, spending the holiday single is definitely not a bad option.

Here are some ways to spend the love-filled holiday, whether you’re getting together with friends or having a low-key night in by yourself:

Cupcake Date

Treat yourself to a Sprinkles cupcake (or ten) this Friday. Essentially, you never need an excuse to stop here while downtown or coming back from class in the Loop. I mean, it’s close to a Red Line stop for a reason! My personal favorite is the dark chocolate because it is simply amazing. Try it. And because it’s Sprinkles, they’re bound to have some holiday-themed treats as well.

GNO

Gather your girlfirends and go on a girl’s night out in the city. While everyone else is off on their dates, try out some new bars and restaurants around town. Or, you can put on a hoodie and leggings and go see the new romanctic chick flick, Endless Love. If you’re feeling a little ambitious, you can even do both.

Pamper Yourself

The perfect excuse for a mani pedi and some much needed relaxation. With so many salons around campus, your options are not limited in the least. However, Wellness Nail Spa at the corner of Webster and Southport has become my go-to spot when I’m in need of an escape from school and work.

Throw A Dinner

If you’re feeling festive and down for company, invite friends over and host your very own Valentine’s Day dinner. Whether its just appetizers, a potluck or a sit down feast, this could be a fun tradition to start and a great way to catch up with everyone. Plus, you could put all the hours you’ve spent on Pinterest to good use and get creative decorating. This Valentine’s Day, the possibilities are endless!

Sophomore at DePaul University. Delta Gamma sister. Pinterest addict. The list goes on and on...
Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.