POTUS Donald Trump: Pervert of The United States

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Editor’s Note: This is an opinion article. Opinions expressed therein do not necessarily reflect those of Her Campus or Her Campus DePaul. We welcome agreeing and opposing views. If you wish to write a response article or any sort of opinion article (politics or otherwise), please email depaul@hercampus.com

Since the start of this election season, the possibility of appointing Donald Trump, commonly known as Drumph, has troubled the minds of a plethora of American marginalized groups, particularly the “American Women” squad, which makes up roughly half of the nation’s population. (Yes, there are THAT many female humans in the US of A? Crazy, amirite?)

Basically, there’s a whole lot of gals out there, including yours truly, that are deeply disturbed by The Donald’s preoccupation with badgering vaginas and the people who own them. If you are not wholly sure what I could possibly mean by this, the following is a helpful list of highlights I have compiled to help break it down to you, and/or any confused friend of yours that you feel needs some help figuring all of this out:

1.     Trump’s public displays of misogyny initially took off when he was questioned by Megyn Kelly during the Republican presidential debate regarding his comments on the social media site Twitter. She quoted a post in which he utilized name-calling women he disagreed with as “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals”. Megyn Kelly was curious as these rants seemed to suggest that his favorite methodology to convey his disapproval and what should ultimately become America’s disapproval was through rapid fire insults. Instead of clarifying what they did that displeased him so, he determined that attacking them with cruel names was the appropriate solution. In response, he clarifies that those particular degrading Twitter words were solely intended for American comedian, actress, and human rights activist Rosie O’Donnell, and that other American women might be okay. His ultimate summation was that certain women, especially those who resemble O’Donnell, are not any better than messy, overfed animals.

2.     After the debate, it crossed Trump’s mind that there was another human woman who irked him last night: moderator Megyn Kelly. Upset over the fact that she was much too aggressive towards him and overwhelmed him with too many hostile questions, he took to the same social media account she dared to criticize in order to criticize her back. One of his plethora of crude statements regarding the Fox News correspondent even hinted that her intense aggression was a side effect of menstruation. Because Kelly is a woman and women experience monthly periods, her uterus stymied her ability to perform her job correctly: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-draws-long-history-period-stigma.  

3.    In most recent news, it has been discovered that in the event Donald does not see a woman as an unkempt, overfed livestock with PMS, he sees her as someone that he could possibly date and pursue as a romantic interest. This primarily applies to women and girls who compete in his array of beauty pageants, such as Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, and Miss Universe. In order to properly inspect for grime and grease, he revealed that he thoroughly enjoys sneaking backstage into dressing rooms where contestants are in stages of undress and nudity: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/donald-trump-reportedly-walked-in-on-miss-teen-usa-contestants-changing In an interview with Howard Stern, he even boasted his strategy for getting away with removing dozens of women and girls’ ability to consent to his inspections: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/timeline-of-trumps-creepiness-while-he-owned-miss-universe-w444634

4.     Other than staring at women without their consent, according to newly testified information from victims who have mustered the amazing amount of courage and strength needed to speak out to the public and face the opinions of millions of strangers, Donald Trump has an affinity for physically assaulting and harassing women to adhere to his desires. Besides mentioning inside an Access Hollywood vehicle that he strongly promotes grabbing women by their genitals as a way to manipulate their actions, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html he also forces himself orally upon them: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-sexual-assault_us_57ffc493e4b0162c043aa2a3?section=women&. There is no indication Mr. Trump ever performed any of these actions with the express, enthusiastic permission of the women involved. Moreover, in case you are wondering why all of these people took so long to tell their stories, note that it is unfortunately all too common for victims of assault to refuse to disclose their heinous experiences out of multifaceted anxieties towards their ordeals, and that the bravery these women have demonstrated is momentous.

5.  Besides completely disregarding the fact that every Miss Teen USA contestant he ogled at was well underage, Trump also does not care about the mental health of the teenagers he hypersexualizes. In one of his multitude of Howard Stern interviews, Trump mentioned his intense sexual attraction to barely legal aged Lindsay Lohan and then described how he is a firm believer that taking advantage of people experiencing mental distress and illness will lead to orgasmic sex. So not only does he enjoy preying on adolescents, but he is truly confident that the more troubled, confused, and distressed they are, the better they are in bed. The quality of sexual performance a human can achieve is in The Donald’s eyes more important than their mental health and overall wellbeing. http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/media/donald-trump-on-lindsay-lohan/index.html Mental health patients are simply sex toys to him, not actual human beings who are suffering greatly and need professional medical attention in order to alleviate their illness.

Marta Leshyk

DePaul '20

Aspiring high school English teacher who hopes to help students learn to love and value themselves the way an old friend once helped her. Loves cats immensely, and enjoys iced coffee in the dead of winter. Is the proud daughter of immigrants, and learned English from Elmo, the ultimate PBS scholar.