ELECTHER HERO 1
ELECTHER HERO 1
her campus media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

To celebrate Women’s History Month, here is a list of 12 women-led podcasts (in no particular order) for you to listen to, to feel inspired and informed on a variety of topics. Whether you’re cooking dinner, cleaning your space, going for a walk, or simply need background noise, these podcasts are here to help both educate and empower. 

Podcasts are available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.

Oddvice: Hosted by Kristen McAtee and Alex Koot

Best friends and roommates, Kristen McAtee and Alex Koot navigate the ups and downs that life has to offer. Coming from opposite upbringings, these 20-somethings bring different perspectives to the table. Each week they choose a variety of meaningful topics, and in the next episode, they read your stories and answer your questions to give you oddvice. They’re playing in the deep end and the shallow end. No limits. No filters. Real ODDvice.

Empty Inside: Hosted by Jenette McCurdy

“Empty Inside” is a podcast where host Jenette McCurdy talks with a different guest each episode, doing a complete deep dive into a specific topic of interest or importance. Whether it be about comedy, eating disorders, filmmaking, jealousy, therapy, or the crippling sense of doom we all face as we try to fill the void.

But What’s Next: Hosted by Michelle Reed

Lifestyle blogger and influencer, Michelle Reed, is a 20-something who has often asked the question of but what’s next in terms of post-grad life and how to be a functioning adult. Michelle sits down with her personal mentors to shed some light on these topics while sharing her personal insight on growing up and figuring it out along the way.

CoWomen via Unsplash

Good Ancestor: Hosted by Layla F. Saad

The Good Ancestor podcast is an interview series with change-makers and culture-shapers exploring what it means to be a good ancestor. Truly the education we should’ve all received. Hosted by globally respected speaker, anti-racism educator, and New York Times bestselling author of Me and White Supremacy, Layla F. Saad.

Anything Goes: Hosted by Emma Chamberlain

Appropriately named, anything does go for this podcast. Host Emma Chamberlain talks about thoughts, conversations, and advice on topics from relationships, to dealing with failure, and a variety of experiences of the everyday journey of life. It’s raw, intimate, and nothing is off-limits, here, everything and anything goes. All ranging from serious to funny and entertaining topics.

Feminist Frequency Radio: Hosted by Anita Sarkeesian, Carolyn Petit, and Ebony Aster

Each week, Anita Sarkeesian, Carolyn Petit, and Ebony Aster bring you dispatches from the pop culture wars and invite you to listen to their entertaining, stimulating, take-no-prisoners conversations about the latest films, games, and TV. They’ll bring their distinctly different, feminist perspectives to mix as they celebrate and critique it all–Including special guests from all over the feminist media sphere. Feminist Frequency Radio is here to help you dig deeper into the things you love.

Good Influence: Hosted by Gemma Styles

Each week, host Gemma Styles will invite a guest who will help us pay attention to something we should know about, but maybe don’t. If you’d like to learn more about climate change, therapy, food waste, sustainable fashion, mental health, and so much more, now you have a place to start.

Still Processing: Hosted by Jenna Wortham and Wesley Morris

Jenna Wortham and Wesley Morris are working it out in a weekly show about culture in a broader sense. Looking at television, film, books, music – but also the culture of work, dating, the internet, and how all those fit together and impact our society and culture. 

Truth Be Told: Hosted by Tonya Mosley

Truth Be Told hosted by Tonya Mosley is an advice podcast that explores how you can be you in a world that doesn’t always want you to be. We’re like the friend you call after a long, exhausting day – the one who will laugh, cry, and bitch with you. The one who will understand you. 

Intersectionality Matters!: Hosted by Kimberlé Crenshaw

Intersectionality Matters! is a podcast hosted by Kimberlé Crenshaw, an American civil rights advocate and a leading scholar of critical race theory that discusses newsworthy and important topics in our society, and provides a significant perspective on these issues.

Photo by James Eades on Unsplash

Imperfectly Phenomenal Women: Hosted by Lauren Williams

Imperfectly Phenomenal Women is where everyday women are shifting their mindset by reframing the limiting beliefs that hold us back from living fully and authentically. This podcast amplifies the voices of Black women and women of color for all to learn from, honor, and celebrate. This podcast reminds us it’s okay to be imperfect and phenomenal at the same time, just be yourself.

The Uncomfortable: Hosted by Dom Roberts

The Uncomfortable lands right at the intersection of entertainment and education. In a time where hate and misunderstandings run wild. Hosted by creative activist Dom Roberts, this podcast takes a deep dive into the human experience and what it means to be Black in America, featuring conversations with guests from every walk of life and industry. The entire purpose of this podcast is to get uncomfortable.

I hope at least one of these podcasts is of interest to you and helps you expand your knowledge and feel less alone. We’re all going through life together and we’re here to support and help each other on this journey, and be the best version of ourselves to both learn and grow.

Angela Sampers is a Public Relations and Advertising major with a minor in Journalism at DePaul University, she has an overflowing passion for writing. She enjoys spending time with friends, rock climbing, baking, and finding a new book to read.