Campus Cutie: Danny Fender ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Name: Danny Fender

Age: 19

Height: 5’10”

Major: BFA Stage Management

Go-to Spot on Campus: Room 509 in the Theatre School. Always a beautiful view of the skyline.  

Hometown: Born in Ohio, lived most of childhood in East Tennessee, went to a boarding arts high school in northern Michigan. I’m a total midwest boy though.

Favorite Thing about Hometown: Tennessee: The Smoky Mountains/Dollywood

Michigan: The. Night. Skies.

Interested in: Men

Relationship Status: Single….for now

Turn-ons: Bookstores, intelligence, being well dressed, and good kissers

Turn-offs: Messy people, lack of humor, horrific grammar

Ideal Date: Start at the Art Institute, eat at a cute restaurant, walk around downtown Chicago, and end the night talking while curled up on the couch watching TV.

Celebrity Crush:  James Dean, Jonathan Groff ,and Jack Falahee.

Favorite TV show/s: How to Get Away With Murder, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Jane the Virgin

Favorite Movie/s: Imitation Game, The Help

Favorite Book: East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Danny Fender (center) being a total cutie on campus at the Theatre School.

Bucket List:

1.See the Northern Lights

2. Visit Amsterdam

3.Bathe in the hot springs of Iceland

4. Get married at the Art Institute.

5. Go on a road trip with all my close friends

If you had to move to another country, where would you move?

The Netherlands.

What’s your favorite food?

Sushi

What is a you’re most embarrassing childhood memory?

One Christmas my dog got loose from the backyard and for some reason I thought she was going to run away forever or get hit by a car or something tragic. I proceeded to collapse to my knees in my neighbor’s yard and melodramatically wail up the sky, “MY CHRISTMAS IS RUINED” in front of my entire family. It was like a scene from a Lifetime movie. My dog came home five minutes later. I have to hear this story every Christmas. My family won’t let it go. This may have also been the Christmas I gave everyone the flu. Oops.  

If you had to describe yourself in three words what would they be?

Dorky, Charming and Supportive

Dorky, charming, supportive, and cute times a bazillion! Danny Fender, you’ve stolen our hearts.

Freshman Lighting Design Major in The Theatre School at DePaul University. Passionate about people, obsessed with musical theatre, and on the quest to find the best bowl of pho in the Midwest.
Michelle is a third year Secondary Education English student at DePaul University that enjoys sarcasm, laughing at cats on the internet, and forgetting to wear her glasses to class.