The Best Study Spots on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Are you anxious that we’re in week nine and finals are rapidly approaching? You’re definitely not alone; most of us are already reserving our seat aboard the struggle bus. Running from class straight to the library in anticipation of a long night ahead isn’t fun for anybody, and it seems that the obvious study spots are always overpopulated and full of people who are doing everything but studying…ain’t nobody got time for that!

Don’t fear though! HC DePaul is here with recommendations for the best study spots to help you finish the quarter strong!

Some of the best, but obvious spots to hit up are of course the library or the tables scattered throughout Levan. The pit in the SAC is always an option, but if you can’t find a table, sitting on the brick seats is no good for a long-term study sesh.

McGowan South is always a building that people seem to forget about unless you’re a science major, and the study lounges in the dorms or 1237 can also be a great place to hit up as long as you don’t get caught up in socializing instead of studying.

Another option that often gets overlooked are the chairs and couches placed in the middle of each floor in the Student Center. While the first floor may provide for a little too much people watching and not enough Chem cramming, the third floor is often quiet enough to get your work done. Be sure to also check out the couches or tables in front of the Multicultural Center and the tables in Arts & Letters.

If you’re looking to get away from campus for a little bit, try the Starbucks under 1237. It’s a good place when it’s not too busy, but as soon as the crowd picks up a little bit, the atmosphere becomes a lot louder and the Wi-Fi gets a lot slower. We recommend it as a great place to take a study break, meet for a group project and enjoy a yummy drink, but if you’re planning on hitting the books for your Philosophy final, we suggest seeking out a quieter location.

Our final suggestion? Take a little break and treat yourself to a pedicure at Nail Fairy. It’s the perfect way to give your feet and calves a nice treat, but you can still bring a textbook along to review while getting pampered.

Happy studying!

Ellyse is the Founding President and Editor-in-Chief of the DePaul University branch of Her Campus. She is currently a senior studying Public Relations and Advertising. Ellyse is originally from the Chicago suburbs and loves spending her college career enjoying all that the city has to offer. In addition to Her Campus, Ellyse is also a member of Delta Gamma. She hopes to one day work in either public relations or event planning and to one day own her own business. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, spending time with friends, catching up on blogs, quoting movies like it’s her job, pinning for hours and working out.