jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Youtube Queens You Have To Subscribe To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Ah, YouTube. The perfect place to procrastinate before midterms. It’s a black hole that sucks you right in. Before you know it, you’re in so deep that for whatever reason you are watching a video review on socks. I’m here to contribute to your procrastination with six YouTube queens who all bring something unique to the table.

1. Supreme Banana

Cami Petyn, otherwise known as Supreme Banana, is a YouTuber with tons of videos about veganism. Her videos are guaranteed to make you laugh, and if she isn’t a comedian someday, I don’t know what I’ll do. Along with vegan videos, Supreme Banana films tons of vlogs. It’s a personal way to hear her being funny in day-to-day life. Cami is the queen of comedy, but she is also very real about her past struggles with mental health and eating disorders. Overall, Cami Petyn is a sweet, down-to-earth YouTuber who knows how to make your sides split.

2. Vasseur Beauty

If you want to get your life together, you have to watch Vasseur Beauty’s videos. Otherwise known as Brittany Vasseur, this YouTube queen has every single trick and tip in the book on how to keep your house clean and organized. She has unique DIYs and always strives to make cleaning seem easy. Brittany also has her own skincare products line, which her Youtube channel is named after. She also has a nine month-old son, and he is the cutest thing on the planet. So not only does she have videos about cleaning/organization, but also makeup and skincare – AND A CUTE BABY. No matter what, Brittany has got you covered.

3. Margot Lee

Have you ever seen one of those girls on Instagram who is in a big city, in a cute outfit, and somehow never fails to look good? That’s Margot Lee. She’s the kind of YouTuber who will inspire you to change up your whole wardrobe. She attends Syracuse University, and has lots of college videos on her channel geared towards freshmen. Margot also posts vlogs that let you get a personal glimpse at her fabulous life. She never fails to look amazing, and is an absolute queen when it comes to being aesthetically pleasing.

4. Carly Cristman

If you’re obsessed with marble print, Carly is the girl for you. She loves anything marble, and her entire black and white apartment is adorned with it. Carly posts lots of fashion-related videos to help you always dress (and feel) your best. Once you’re dressed to the nines, this social media queen has YouTube videos on how to pose for and edit pictures, so you can post you in your cute outfits on Instagram.

5. Pick Up Limes

Sadia Badiei, known as Pick Up Limes on YouTube, is all about helping you be your best. As a woman with a Bachelor’s of Science in Diatetics, Sadia posts videos about nutrition that are safe as well as easy to understand. She also has videos of different recipes you can make, with most of them being vegan. Pick Up Limes has the most soothing voice, so you will want to watch this queen’s videos all day long. Sadia also has videos on minimalism as well as health and wellness, so anything related to feeling better, eating cleaner, or living simpler – Pick Up Limes will help you.

6 Qcknd

Questions about tattoos or any kind of body modification? Qcknd, also known as Amanda, most likely has the answer. She posts a video every week called “Tattoo Talk Tuesday”, where she discusses different topics revolving around tattoos. As a heavily tattooed woman herself, Qcknd is extremely thoughtful in these videos and sheds a new light on things about tattoos. Amanda also has hair and beauty videos on her YouTube channel, and often demos new products so you can see how they work. This tattooed queen has everything you need to know about caring for yourself, whether that be through beauty or healing your new ink.

SaveSave

SaveSave

Anna Wolf

DePaul '21

DePaul 2021