This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Just when we thought there couldn’t be a celebrity couple more unexpected and iconic than Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet, here come Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. Never in my wildest dreams did I think one of the most popular and successful female artists of all time would find herself with one of the best tight ends in NFL history. Some argue that they’re just feeding into the publicity and playing with our hearts (Taylor Swift is quite mysterious, after all), but others think the two really could be a true match made in heaven. Call it what you want, but this groundbreaking couple has been publicized all over my TikTok and Instagram feed, taking over so much of the news that even my grandma texted me about it!

Something I’ve found very funny as I scroll through TikTok investigating all the buzz about Taylor and Travis is the prank that girlfriends, or women in general, pull on guys, asking them, “Don’t you agree that Taylor Swift has put Travis Kelce on the map?” Obviously, if anyone is remotely educated on sports culture, they’ve at least heard Travis’ name before, but I really get a kick out of the guys’ reactions.

Okay, so maybe she hasn’t put him on the map, but it’s not completely wrong that this new relationship has upped Kelce’s fame in some ways. According to ESPN, Kelce’s jersey sales have skyrocketed by nearly 400% since Swift attended the Chiefs vs. Bears game at Arrowhead Stadium (and sitting right next to his mother, too!). Not only this, but Swift’s appearance at this game also made the game that weekend’s most-watched NFL contest, drawing in 24.3 million viewers. So for those of you who roll your eyes at the claims that Taylor Swift has helped the economy, think again.

Now, the real question is: is this relationship real or just a publicity stunt? Taylor always has a bunch of tricks up her sleeve, so it wouldn’t be surprising if the two are just feeding into the hopes and dreams of Swifties (and maybe another album will be born???) But according to a lot of fans, this could be the real deal. Rumors have it that Kelce is ready to settle down and start a family, but at the same time has a very demanding career, just like Swift. We’ve seen other NFL plus singer relationships work out, like Ciara and Russell Wilson, for example. So long story short, with their busy schedules, they’ll be able to find a sense of cohesion and understanding for one another, that someone without that much fame would not understand. Plus, they were both born in 1989, so doesn’t that mean they’re end game?

Carly Young

Denison '26

Carly is a sophomore at Denison University from Arlington Heights, Illinois. She is a psychology major and Spanish minor, and is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. Some of her passions include movies and TV, music, baking/cooking, shopping, reading, travel, and dogs.